Friday, January 4, 2008

Beautiful

My grandma used to sing this song to all of us grandkids, and even as I got older she would sing it all the time. When Dayton was born she sang it to him, and now I sing it to him all the time. Right before she died I was trying to get Dayton to sleep and I started singing it...she was asleep and I thought she was out of it, but she woke up just long enough to say, "Oh that is so beautiful April, keep singing." And that is what I'm going to do. I will sing it to my kids, and grandkids, and maybe someday they will play it at my memorial service too. So here it is...it's short and sweet, but it will forever have a special place in my heart.

"Beautiful, Beautiful, Jesus is Beautiful
And Jesus makes beautiful things in my life.
Carefully, touching me, causing my eyes to see,
Jesus makes beautiful things in my life."

I think she always believed that Jesus would make beautiful things of her life...and boy did He ever! I pray that God would touch the lives around me just like He did with people that came in contact with her. She is so missed!

No comments: